Updates, Live

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Blind Painter from Alexandria

Hans-Peter Szameit Portrait of a Blind Painter

Hans-Peter Szameit Portrait of a Blind Painter


It is a forceful painting! It communicates an essential truth - and thousand words would not be able to render it to us again.

The author, Hans-Peter Szameit, was born in 1967 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. He is of Norwegian descent.

The painting is on view at the Principle Gallery in Alexandria, Virginia.



(Principle Gallery)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Oh, I thought you were admiring the painting each time you stop in the gallery!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

  • I admire the works from the gallery and I intend to write about some of them.

    I think this Blind Painter is of great value. I haven't yet finished the post about it - I am still thinking to say something more, only it is hard to find words - this painting says something essential and it says it so forcefully that other words become useless.

    By Blogger Pierre Radulescu, at 3:40 PM  

  • I too have been struck by this portrait. I first saw it in American Art Collector magazine and it has haunted me ever since. I'm a collector of offbeat paintings of narrative realism where the viewer is left to define the intention of the artist for themself. I suspect this painting strikes an emotional cord because it portrays human frailty in a very raw way that reflects our own vulnerability back at us.

    By Blogger Rick Petry, at 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home