Updates, Live

Monday, May 11, 2009

From Crystal City to Alexandria on Mount Vernon Trail

Usually I start the trail from Rosslyn. There are about 8 miles up to the waterfront in Alexandria.

Yesterday I took the metro to Crystal City, I enjoyed a little the underground bistros and boutiques, then I asked several people for directions to the Mount Vernon Trail. Nobody knew. I I was hundred percent sure there was a connection: two months ago I had come from the trail to Crystal City! Only I was not remembering the names of the streets.

It was actually very close to the metro station. You take the 18th Street on the left, down to Crystal Drive. You take Crystal Drive on the left for only ten or twenty feet. The tunnel leading to the trail is on your right.


After I went out from the tunnel I saw this tree, covered in small bouquets of white, like snow. The weather was fine and my spirits were excellent.

Here is a view of the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (we made here a passion for very long names, as you can see).

After the airport the trail enters a savage zone, which is wonderful. You'd say you are on a remote delta (well, by keeping always the right proportions).





(Rosslyn - Alexandria Trail)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home