Updates, Live

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Neda Agha Soltan


An Iranian girl killed by a Basij sniper. The killer was hiding at a rooftop.

The journalist Roger Cohen (NY Times) got this note from an anonymous Iranian student:

I will participate in the demonstrations tomorrow. Maybe they will turn violent. Maybe I will be one of the people who is going to be killed. I’m listening to all my favorite music. I even want to dance to a few songs. I always wanted to have very narrow eyebrows. Yes, maybe I will go to the salon before I go tomorrow!
I wrote these random sentences for the next generation so that they know we were not just emotional under peer pressure. So they know that we did everything we could to create a better future for them. So they know that our ancestors surrendered to Arabs and Mongols but did not surrender to despotism. This note is dedicated to tomorrow’s children.




(
Zoon Politikon)


(Iranian Film and Poetry)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home