Updates, Live

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Met



I was at the Met last weekend to see just the Moderns, as time to spend was very short and a radical choice was mandatory. I had in mind the Francis Bacon retrospective, but the first work I met was the Shark of Damien Hirst. I will try to come later to Hirst: he is too astonishing to be characterized here in two words. Is he the Picasso of nowadays? Maybe, reason being the same aggressive attitude. But, no, it is much more to say, and a contemporary master needs time to be understood. So what I will do is to offer here some photos I was able to make: Balthus, Hopper, Dali, Aalto, maybe also Dale Chihuly (I failed the photo I took of one of his works; hopefully I find the image on the web).



(New York, New York)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home