Updates, Live

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mario Bellatin: Beauty Salon



Just like the first time I bought fish, I chose one male and two females. One of them even turned out to be pregnant. As I said, unlike those first fish these turned out to be survivors. They withstand the lack of care in a very reasonable manner. The oxygen pumps are broken except for one that works in fits and starts. At times, the water seems to purify itself and I almost never have time to clean it.

Salón de Belleza (Beauty Salon): a city we don't know the name is ravaged by an epidemic we are not told the title either; a transvestite is indifferently caring for the victims of the disease. Does it make sense? Maybe, if you have the taste for Camus, Saramago, and Frida Kahlo, like I do.

NY Times published the first chapter. Enjoy!

(Mario Bellatin)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home