Updates, Live

Monday, February 22, 2010

Let's Meet Lilly Rivlin



Lilly Rivlin, a 7th generation Jerusalemite, has worked as a journalist, writer, and filmmaker for the last 35 years both internationally and in the U.S.

Most recently she consults to foundations on Middle East politics, Jewish affairs, Non-violent conflict resolution and Gender issues.

An active feminist, Lilly is one of the founders of the original Feminist Seder, a ritual maker, and serves on several Boards: International Committee of Women of the Wall, Meretz USA, The Counseling Center for Women in Israel.

Ms. Rivlin was a principle researcher on O Jerusalem, the book of Lapierre and Collins, and I would like to render here the opening page: quotations from the Holly Texts of three great religions; it is sacred place for all of them and for each of them.

4 How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?
5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget her cunning.
6 If I do not remember thee,
let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth;
if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
(Psalm 137)

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
(Mathew 23:57)

O Jerusalem, the choice of Allah of all his lands! In it are the chosen of his servants. From it the earth was stretched forth and from it shall it be rolled up like a scroll.
The dew which descends upon Jerusalem is a remedy from every sickness because it is from the gardens of Paradise.
(The Hadith)

To whom should the Holly City belong? I think the correct question should be, When Will the Fighting Stop? It is the title of one of the books co-authored by Lilly Rivlin: a photographic essay which gives us a child's view on Jerusalem.


(Filmofilia)

(A Life in Books)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home