Updates, Live

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tian Zhuang-Zhuang



I already wrote about Tian Zhuang-Zhuang on my blog; I had watched by that time Springtime in a Small Town, which is a masterpiece. I found the movie on youTube, recently, and I intend to post the videos here, along with Fei Mu's movie from 1948, Spring in a Small Town.

I watched meanwhile The Horse Thief, and I found it on youTube, too. I will post the videos here. I found also The Blue Kite on youTube and I would like to watch in near future and to write here about it.

What I would like to see and I cannot find is one of his first movies, Lie Chang Zha Sha (On the Hunting Ground), a documentary about a primitive tribe of hunters from Inner Mongolia , and of course his newer movies (The Go Master, for instance). He is one of the greatest directors nowadays.



(Chinese Cinema)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home