Updates, Live

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Tony Musante

Tony Musante
1936-2013
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0615540/)
no copyright infringement intended

An actor that I have watched in only one movie, very long time ago, a movie impossible to forget. Once, it was two years ago, I looked on youTube for a copy of this movie, and I found only a fragment. The movie was The Anonymous Venetian, and the actor was Tony Musante.

Before this movie, there had been another one, The Incident, that I hadn't the chance to watch, while I did read a lot about. Tony Musante was playing in The Incident a tough guy terrorizing the late-night passengers in a NY train. I believed he had the same kind of a role in The Anonymous Venetian. It was totally different, a movie about rediscovering too late a lost love, in a beautifully decaying Venice: a brief encounter along Venetian ways, that Venice as beautiful as only love and death can be (D.I. Suchianu). Tony Musante in the role of a Venetian musician affected by an incurable illness, trying to balance the approaching death in the dignity of an ancient adagio from an anonymous composer. I just discovered today the whole movie on youTube:





Tony Musante passed away this week. He was 77.


(Italian Movies)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home