Updates, Live

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Knut Hamsun

Knut Hamsun
1859-1952
(http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18317.Knut_Hamsun)
no copyright infringement intended


I bought today two novels written by Hamsun. I had entered the bookstore nearby to find another author, and I discovered there Pan and Victoria. I will come back to them (and to Hunger, of course). Speaking about his political opinions: were I to live in that epoch, I would have been politically and morally on the opposite side (as I am also now). I must say, too: when it comes to analyze a person, I believe in the healing virtues of time. Let's say it other way: time brings perspective. Speaking about his importance as a writer: his works were seminal.

For now I would give here just a fragment from a movie made in 1966, based on his most celebrated novel. I think it is a good start to enter his universe.



fragment from Sult (Hunger), movie made in 1966
(video by schokone)





(German and Nordic Literature)

(German and Nordic Cinema)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home