Updates, Live

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fernando Pessoa

Having a drink in a Lisbon's tavern
(Fernando Pessoa in 1928)
source: Círculo de Leitores, Fernando Pessôa - Obra Poética, Vol. I
(wikimedia)
no copyright infringement intended

Não tenho ambições nem desejos
Ser poeta não é uma ambição minha
É a minha maneira de estar sozinho.

[I have no ambitions nor desires.
To be a poet is not my ambition,
It's simply my way of being alone.
]

I consider poetry an intermediary stage in the path from music to prose. In prose we talk free. We can include musical rhythms, and nevertheless we continue our process of thinking. We can include poetical rhythms and yet being out of them. An occasional rhythm of verse does not interfere with prose. An occasional rhythm of prose stumbles the verse.





(Una Vida Entre Libros)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home